While playing as a Medic with the stock Medi Gun, it can be difficult to pop ÜberCharges at appropriate times. So, I’ve compiled a list of when to, and when not to, pop an ÜberCharge based on what I’ve seen before.
DO POP AN ÜBERCHARGE:
- When you’re about to die
- When your teammate is about to die
- When making a strong offensive push
- When making a strong defensive push
- When countering an enemy’s ÜberCharge
DO NOT POP AN ÜBERCHARGE:
- The second you get it
- Before set up ends (Yes, I’ve seen that happen)
- Right after set up
- At the first sight of an enemy
- When nobody else is around
- On a Sniper. God dammit.
A well timed ÜberCharge can turn the tide of battle, so make sure to use common sense and to plan with your teammates when, and where, to use one.
But seriously, if one more Medic ubers me when I’m maining Sniper…